ON-GOING Serving Opportunities:
The MyRide program operates out of the Jonesborough Senior Center as a service for elderly area residents who need rides to medical appointments, the pharmacy, an area grocery store or any other essential trip.
A volunteer driver does NOT need to have proof of a COVID vaccination.
Anyone interested in serving as a volunteer driver or learning more can contact Susan Katko, MyRide Director at email@example.com or by calling 423.753.4781
Habitat for Humanity operates the ReStore located at 3201 Kimberly Court in Johnson City. ReStores sell household items, furniture, building supplies, etc. at a discounted price with the proceeds funding their housing and repair programs. There is always a need for volunteers to help load, unload, sort, price, etc. To volunteer at Johnson City ReStore go to this link:
Appalachian Regional Coalition on Homelessness (ARCH) operates a food pantry to help the needs of our area homeless. To contribute or for questions call 1.844.989.2273. [Address is: 321 W. Walnut St., Johnson City] They need the following food donations:
PET FOOD (The homeless have pets)
- Cheese or peanut butter crackers * Beef Jerky
- Applesauce * Pudding
- Fruit cups * Granola bars or Cereal bars
- Ravioli/spaghetti-o’s * Ramen noodles
- Tomato juice * Trail mix
- Dried fruits * Peanut butter
- Any kind of pasta and/or Spaghetti sauce
- Canned veggies & fruit (pull top lids)
- Boxed drinks and juices
- Vienna sausages (pull top lids) * Small Can Openers
- Individual packets of oatmeal * Gallon-size zip lock bags
- Canned and boxed Tuna and Chicken (w/pop tops)
- Bags of rice or beans Crackers
- Dried Goods – Coco mix, Kool aid, evaporated milk, instant dried milk, instant mashed potatoes, canned and boxed rice, dried soup, etc.
CURRENT Serving Opportunities:
Two single moms, and one family of 4 with disabilities are in need of groceries. [Both single moms are working full time and don’t qualify for food stamps].