Hope Helps, 4540 W. Stone Drive, helps those in need with bill payments, clothing, food, and counseling. They have a few volunteer opportunities:
- Volunteers to sort clothing and food donations. This would be M/W/F between 10a-3pm when the facility is closed to customers.
- Solid believers to serve as Counselors. People would serve for a few hours during the time they are open on T/Th. Volunteers would spend 10-15 minutes talking with and praying for Hope Helps customers. OR…tele-counselors are needed. Volunteers would use a provided phone to contact and pray with Hope Helps customers who have requested prayer.
- Help Manage the USDA Qualification for Families. Serve on T/Thr from either 10a-12noon or 12noon-3pm. Volunteer would be trained in USDA guidelines and meet with families needing food to determine the level of help they are qualified to receive.
Interested persons should contact Connie Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hope House, 1567 North Eastman Rd., works in the Kingsport area to support pregnant women and young mothers with their babies. Currently they need donations of the following:
- Diapers (sizes 4, 5, and 6)
- Baby wipes
- Infant Tylenol
- Similac Soy (Pink Lid)
- Similac Total Comfort (Lavender Lid)
For drop-off information or for questions contact Angie Martin, Director of Community Connections, at 423.914.7609